- Spray Foam doesn't let air pass through it. Fiberglass insulation is essentially like a giant furnace filter, so it lets air pass right through it, taking unconditioned air with it.
- The Spray foam will cut down on the noise from the airplanes overhead and the school next door.
- As an expanding product, they can spray it in to cracks and it will fill the gap that might be too small or awkward to get fiberglass into.
- It will add some structural rigidity to the house.
- Spray Foam is also non-toxic.
The spray foam will cost a ton more than fiberglass, but it should pay for itself in lower heating and cooling costs.
After the insulation goes in, then the drywall will start going up.