The second surprise was all the corners that were cut. Back in 1978/1979, this home was SLAPPED together. The wall that had the stove on it was built with 2"x3"s. The electrical wiring was just draped above the drop ceiling. The scary thing was the wiring to the stove...It was aluminum. Yes, Aluminum is a good conductor, until it oxidizes, then it burns down your house. Here's one for all my Telco fans. When I pulled the plate off the old phone jack I found this:
As Saturday drew to a close I felt way ahead of schedule. Here are some pictures of the devastation. If you're familiar with my house, the first is a picture looking at the wall that had the sink and the Fridge. The fridge lived between the wall and the stepladder.
The second picture is looking at the window across from the sink. This will have the new oven, cooktop, and microwave.
Post a Comment