Friday, August 6, 2010


I was expecting the plumber to show up in the afternoon today (but I think it will be early next week), so I put the floor in while I was waiting. Here is a view of the oven powered up.
The black plastic you see on the floor is the vapor barrier. I'll trim that back to two inches and hide it behind the trim. Here are some more pictures:
Right before I put the floor in, I realized the dishwasher was too tight, so I took out my router, put in a flush trim bit, and went to town. The opening is now exactly 24" and the edges look pretty good. While cleaning up at the end of the day, I tried to put the drawer under the oven...It wouldn't go in, then I realized I had lowered the supports for the oven and they are blocking the drawer.

To close out Phase 1, I need the plumber to show up and I have to go through the final inspection. I'll schedule the inspection for Tuesday.

No comments: